Social Surveys is recruiting
It’s about depth of understanding
Want to make a difference?
Join Social Surveys Africa as a Senior Researcher and Policy Analyst
- Want to be a strategic thinking partner for the people who create change in our society?
- Care about evidence-based decision-making?
- Want to be part of a reputable and growing organisation with creative thinking at its core?
Social Surveys Africa is one of Southern Africa’s leading policy advisory and insights organisations for social justice and social development. We work across Southern Africa for a wide range of clients, including corporates, governments and civil society organisations. Our advisory work is always based on strong empirical research, including in the fields of education, health, housing, labour, land, migration, mining, entrepreneurship and many others. We are the place where your ten years of research experience and your creative insights about society will really make a difference.
The person we are looking for has:
- At least ten years of practical experience in corporate or policy or social advisory roles,
- At least seven years of practical experience in managing primary data generation research projects, including being primary investigator and running projects from inception to completion,
- Proven ability in bringing in new clients, proposal writing and costing,
- At least a Master’s degree in any social science, law or related field,
- An excellent track record in methodological design,
- Interest in new technologies for data collection, analysis and visualisation,
- Advanced quantitative data analysis skills/statistics are an advantage,
- Skills in GIS an advantage,
- Extremely strong writing and thinking skills,
- Excellent multi-tasking and team-work skills,
- Kindness, compassion and commitment.
To apply, send your CV and a cover email telling us about yourself and how you fit the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 February 2019. If you have questions, get in touch on 011 486 1025.
Social Media Consultant
Social media whizz? Interested in the elections? Work with us!
Social Surveys Africa is looking for a very sharp, fun-loving, young Zulu speaking person to work on a very exciting 2019 Elections Study Project
(Feb-May 2019) as a Social Media Consultant.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responding to study participant inquiries on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Documenting details of social media engagement with participants.
- Translating study messaging from English to KZN Zulu.
- Demonstrated fluency in deep KZN isiZulu.
- Active Social Media User, mainly Facebook & Twitter
- Experience in digital marketing is an added advantage
To apply please send an updated CV to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 February 2019 and include your twitter handle and Facebook.
2 Upper Park Drive, Forest Town
+27 11 486 1025